Today’s pen is the Monteverde Poquito (Available at Goulet Pens)
Christie sent me this pen thinking that I’d love it… and she was right!
It’s entirely metal so it feels super sturdy. There’s a stylistic point at the top of the cap that looks a little weird to my eye, but I figure it might just be in case you need to use this pen in hand to hand combat to take out an enemy with a temple shot.
The pen isn’t heavy but it has a really pleasing weight to it. The cap snaps on with the absolutely most satisfying click noise. It is hard not to fiddle with this pen when you carry it.
It is an adorable little pen with a metallic, almost holographic nail polish sort of color.
I really enjoy how Monteverde nibs write, so I find it lovely to write with.
- nice smooth grip
- standard cartridges
- lovely to write with
- sturdy with a nice weight to it
- satisfying click noise putting cap on
- can’t stop fiddling with it – very tactile
- pretty sure this is going to feel small to a lot of people who are not me
- some converters may not fit (haven’t tried the one Christie sent with it yet, but I assume it will work eyeballing it)
Overall Grade: A
This pen hasn’t left my notebook since I put ink in it about five days ago. There’s just something about this pen that makes me want to pick it up and use it. If you like small pens I highly recommend picking this one up. (And if you don’t believe me you can go watch the video over at Goulet Pens about it http://www.inknouveau.com/2014/10/monteverde-poquito-quick-look.html)